Difference between revisions of "TotalRecall"
Revision as of 16:48, 3 April 2010
An easy-to-use tool for quickly annotating audio files.
<<html(<img src="" alt="screenshot" width=800>)>>
TotalRecall is used on a daily basis by many in the Computational Memory Lab. Support and maintenance will continue indefinitely with new features being added as needed.
|)>>||Mac OSX||Mac OSX App||download v0.52|
|)>>||Linux||Debian Package||download v0.53|
|)>>||Other||Source Code||download v0.53|
/* == Launch with Java Web Start == */ /* <<html(<a href="http://memory.psych.upenn.edu/files/software/TotalRecall/JavaWebStartAppPage.html"> <img src=""/></a>)>> */
Download the file for your platform.
- Mac: double click the .dmg file and drag PennTotalRecall.app into the Applications folder.
- Linux: double click the .deb file and click Install Package.
- Windows: double click the .exe file and follow the instructions.
Now try running the program:
- Mac: search for Penn TotalRecall in Spotlight, or double click PennTotalRecall.app in Finder by going to the Applications folder.
- Linux: on Ubuntu you can find Penn TotalRecall in the Applications->Accessories menu.
- Windows: You can find Penn TotalRecall in the start menu as usual.
Try opening the wave file provided in this samples folder.
Check the menu items for actions and keybindings available to the user. Also check Help --> Key Bindings.
A full guide to annotation is also provided.
TotalRecall currently runs on Mac OSX and Linux, with a Windows version to be released shortly. We plan to test and support these configurations, but the program should run on others.
TotalRecall requires a Java Runtime Environment, version 5 or higher. Most computers come with Java pre-installed, so you can probably download and run the program without worrying about system requirements. If it turns out you don't have Java, you can download it free here.
Support, Contact, and Bug Reports
Please submit bug reports on our Sourceforge bug tracking system (no login required).
Please submit feature requests on our Sourceforge request tracking system (no login required).
For other support or feedback please send emails to: memory - software @ psych . upenn . edu (remove all the spaces).
Please visit our development page.