An easy-to-use tool for quickly annotating audio files
|Mac OSX||Mac OSX App (see below for 10.7 or 10.8)|
Download the file for your platform.
- Mac: double click the .dmg file and drag PennTotalRecall.app into the Applications folder.
- See below for special 10.7.x (Lion) or 10.8.x (Mountain Lion) Gatekeeper issues.
- Linux: double click the .deb file and click Install Package.
- Windows: double click the .exe file and follow the instructions.
Now try running the program:
- Mac: search for Penn TotalRecall in Spotlight, or double click PennTotalRecall.app in Finder by going to the Applications folder.
- Linux: on Ubuntu you can find Penn TotalRecall in the Applications --> Accessories menu.
- Windows: you can find Penn TotalRecall in the start menu as usual. There should also be an icon on your desktop.
Try opening the wave file provided in this samples folder.
10.7 (Lion) and 10.8 (Mountain Lion)
The "Gatekeeper" function in the newest versions of OS X is designed to keep your system safe from potentially harmful software. Unfortunately, they may also prevent you from opening "unsigned" applications like TotalRecall.
If you are unable to open TotalRecall on your Mac OS X system, please do the following:
- Go into System Preferences, then click Security & Privacy.
- Click the General tab, and select Anywhere under Allow applications downloaded from.
- Open the TotalRecall application package. You may be warned about opening it for the first time.
- After it opens for the first time, you may return the setting that you changed in Step 2 above to its previous selection if desired.
Special thanks to Matt Mollison for noticing this problem, and finding a solution.
Video tutorials and written annotation guide
TotalRecall currently runs on Mac OSX, Linux and Windows. We plan to test and support these configurations, but the program may work on others.
TotalRecall requires a Java Runtime Environment, version 5 or higher. Most computers come with Java pre-installed, so you can probably download and run the program without worrying about system requirements. If it turns out you don't have Java, you can download it free here.
Support, contact, and bug reports
Please feel free to contact us at: memory - software @ psych . upenn . edu (remove all the spaces).
Thank you for taking the time to improve Penn TotalRecall!
We also provide our Behavioral Toolbox, a collection of MATLAB functions useful for analyzing the output of TotalRecall.
Please visit our development page.
For developers, please also visit our TotalRecall/Build page.